Now that we’re within the Canine Days of Summer time (July third – August eleventh), temperatures are rising and tempers typically rise as properly. It looks as if everybody will get a bit irritable throughout the hottest days of the summer time.
That’s why I consider August because the month to take care — care for myself, my household, and my neighborhood.
August is American Adventures Month so if you happen to’re into journey, this can be a nice time to care for your self by getting on the market and attempting one thing new.
In case you desire one thing extra mellow, and indoors, it’s additionally American Artist Appreciation Month, so take into consideration taking a while to go to a neighborhood artwork gallery and care for your self whereas supporting, and caring for, your neighborhood.
Personally, I like to start out the month by organizing one thing easy on every day of Nationwide Simplify Your Life Week (August 1st-Seventh). It could possibly be my family toolbox that’s in disarray or the plethora of sticky notes I’ve throughout my desk. No matter it’s, it’s obtained to be fast and easy so I don’t get overwhelmed or pissed off. On the finish of the week, I’ve been relieved of among the muddle and I’ve an excellent sense of accomplishment.
I extremely advocate attempting it.
And, whereas there are quite a lot of designated holidays for August, I’ve picked a number of that I really feel are price mentioning. Have a look by the next August holidays and publication concepts and see what resonates with you. Then take into consideration the way you may be capable to share that vacation along with your readers — in a caring manner.
August holidays — 2022
- August 1st – DOGust 1st: Common Birthday for Shelter Canines.
- August 2nd – Nationwide Coloring Guide Day. Obtain and share these nice coloring pages from the Smithsonian.
- August 4th – Help Canine Day.
- August fifth – Nationwide Water Balloon Day. It’s sizzling. Cool off. 💦
- August sixth – Farmworker Appreciation Day. In case your neighborhood doesn’t have already got an occasion for this present day, take into consideration getting along with different native companies and beginning one.
- August Seventh – American Household Day and Nationwide Friendship Day.
- August ninth – Annual Perseid Meteor Bathe Peak Night time.
- August Thirteenth – Storage Sale Day. One among my favourite methods to care for myself, my neighbors, and my neighborhood — upcycling alternatives abound!
- August 14th – Love Your Bookshop Day and Navajo Code Talkers Day. Whereas Love Your Bookshop Day is an Aussie vacation, that doesn’t imply we will’t have fun it right here — particularly if you happen to personal a bookstore.
- August nineteenth – World Humanitarian Day
- August nineteenth – World Images Day. I’m taking this break day from work to spend a while with my digicam — taking good care of myself and appreciating my neighborhood.
- August twentieth – International Geocaching Day. In case you prefer to hunt for treasure, you’ve got to do that! Higher but, arrange a geocache at your location or get along with different companies within the space and create a narrative or sequence of caches for individuals to seek out.
- Aug. twentieth – Nationwide Chocolate Pecan Pie Day and World Honey Bee Day. Candy, sticky, gooey, yummy-ness. Okay, properly, not the bees, however undoubtedly what they make.
- August twenty first – Web Self-Care Day. See, an entire day devoted to discovering self-care sources — like “therapeutic massage therapists close to me.”
- August twenty second – Be an Angel Day. Be mild. Be form. Take care.
- August twenty fifth – Nationwide Park Service Founders Day. #FindYourPark.
- August twenty ninth – In line with Hoyle Day and Extra Herbs, Much less Salt Day. I’m sure these go collectively… in some way.
- August thirty first – Eat Outdoors Day. Anybody up for a picnic? I’ll deliver the pie!
August publication concepts
As I discussed beforehand, to me, August is about taking care… of myself, my household and my neighborhood. And, taking care consists of all the pieces from being conscious and staying secure to exhibiting appreciation for each other — even sharing nice recipes which you could make and share with each other.
August Publication concepts for consciousness and security
So typically those that deliver consciousness to well being points are those that have been affected by them. However it doesn’t must be that manner.
Present your neighborhood that you just care about them, and also you need them to be secure, keep wholesome, and be delicate to one another and what others could also be going by.
August is the month for:
- Kids’s Eye Well being and Security Month
- MedicAlert Consciousness Month
- Nationwide Eye Examination Month
- Nationwide Hair Loss Consciousness Month
- Nationwide Visitors Consciousness Month
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Consciousness Month
- Summer time Security Month
Consciousness and Security Publication and On-line Advertising and marketing Concepts
In case you’re not an skilled within the subject, one of the best ways to share consciousness and issues of safety along with your readers is to curate content material from healthcare professionals and different trusted sources.
When you study easy methods to curate content material appropriately, you may:
- Republish weblog and print articles by yourself website after which share a snippet of their article in your publication — ensuring to incorporate a hyperlink again to the article in your web site.
- Share ideas for summer time security and site visitors consciousness on social media.
- Create and embrace gifs in your publication that introduce and hyperlink to movies on a topic that resonates with your online business or your neighborhood.
Go a step additional to care for your neighborhood. Associate with a associated nonprofit to host or sponsor a fundraising occasion to assist these in your neighborhood. Then let your readers understand how they will contribute to it.
August Publication Concepts for exhibiting appreciation
Whereas well being and security are vital, a part of taking good care of each other is exhibiting appreciation.
Present your appreciation by:
- Saying thanks. Begin this month’s publication by saying thanks, or higher but, ship a particular thanks e-mail to your readers that features a particular supply or results in a weblog article that explains why you’re grateful for them.
- For Nationwide Farmers Market Week (Aug. Seventh-Thirteenth), add a bit that thanks the native farmers. And, present a schedule of space farmer’s markets so your readers can thank the farmers personally by buying their contemporary items.
- For Nationwide Well being Middle Week (Aug. Seventh-Thirteenth), give healthcare staff a particular low cost in the event that they present their well being middle ID once they checkout at your retailer. And, make certain to announce what you’re doing in your publication.
Whereas I’ve listed a few particular “week” holidays within the checklist above, that’s simply to get you fascinated about what you’d love to do to indicate your clients and neighborhood that you just admire them.
Concepts for sharing recipes in on-line advertising and marketing
In fact, each month has a plethora of meals celebrations. However slightly than attempting to present you an inventory of meals and dates to have fun, I feel we should always discuss methods to share recipes along with your viewers even if you happen to’re not within the restaurant trade.
- Benefit from storytelling advertising and marketing. When you’ve got a favourite meals that’s being celebrated this month, present a bit of your private facet in your publication by sharing a narrative about what makes it your favourite meals. When was the primary time you had it? Is there a particular reminiscence related to it? Does it tie again to your online business in a roundabout way? Then,
- Construct upon your meals story by shifting it to social media. Share a snippet of your story and lead again to the unique article in your weblog or in your publication. Create a social media contest by asking followers to share their favourite model by posting their recipe on their social media pages and tagging your online business within the publish. A winner could possibly be decided by most likes, feedback, and even random choice. Incentivize individuals to take part by giving the “winner” a callout in your subsequent publication, in your social media web page, and/or a particular low cost, service, or alternative that’s hardly ever supplied or in any other case unavailable.
- Use meals to construct buyer relationships. If meals is a ardour of yours and might be linked to your online business in a roundabout way, take into consideration creating a personal Fb web page the place members can swap recipes and share food-related tales. Keep an lively presence within the group and ask your workers or volunteers to hitch and take part as properly.
TIP: No matter vacation you spotlight in your publication this month, whether or not you problem a problem, supply recommendation, or ask your readers to share, embrace a branded hashtag and a customized hashtag — together with a corresponding publish on social media — so you may simply discover and like what they publish!
August publication topic traces
- “You’re going to need a piece of this pie” – Selfmade Pie Day (Aug. 1st). That is nice for providing a limited-time alternative.
- “[name], is your Spidey-sense tingling?” Preheader: It ought to be. – Spider-Man Day (Aug. 1st). Good for letting your readers know what’s new.
- “That is merely genius” – Nationwide Simplify Your Life Week (August 1st – Seventh). Excellent for asserting a brand new services or products — particularly if it can simplify issues in your clients.
- “Come to our facet. We’ve obtained cookies.” Preheader: Okay, probably not however… – Nationwide Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (Aug. 4th).
- “Aw, Shucks!” Nationwide Oyster Day (Aug. fifth).
- “Have you ever been working like a canine?” Work Like a Canine Day (Aug. fifth). Nice for sharing details about self-care. Or for sharing an article about working canine.
- “Cease! Within the title of… “ – Cease on Pink Week (August Seventh – Thirteenth). End the sentence along with your publication headline. It may be no matter matches your publication focus — from “love” to “nice purchasing” or “site visitors consciousness” and “back-to-school security.”
- “It’s not laziness. It’s self-care.” – Nationwide Lazy Day (Aug. tenth). Excellent for spas, salons, therapeutic massage therapists, and another enterprise that gives self-care companies.
- “We’re having a storage sale!” – Storage Sale Day (Aug. Thirteenth). Nice for having a blowout sale of outdated inventory.
- “Hey, Kool Assist! I imply [name]” – Kool Assist Day (Aug. nineteenth). You should definitely personalize this one.
For extra August holidays and concepts on what you are able to do to share them along with your clients, obtain the graphic under. Or, plan out the remainder of your yr with our On-line Advertising and marketing Calendar, full with a free template and an inventory of holidays you should use to make the second half of the yr an entire success.