Mike Montague interviews Kevin Roth on Learn how to Succeed at Discovering Your Area of interest. Discover Kevin at: https://kevinroth.org/
Kevin Roth started to play the dulcimer in 1972 on the previous age of 13, and at sixteen recorded his first album for Folkways / Smithsonian Folkways Data, which instantly launched him into worldwide fame. Between 1974 and 1984 Roth recorded ten albums with this label, establishing himself as a distinguished folks singer and dulcimer participant. In 1984, Roth carried out the theme to the PBS-TV kids’s present Shining Time Station, which introduced him to a different new and far bigger market. His friendship and collaboration in 2006 with Noel Paul Stookey, of the legendary folks trio Peter, Paul & Mary, additional cemented Roth in American folks historical past. His profession took him to live performance and symphony phases world wide, to festivals, radio, tv reveals, and two appearances on the White Home.
As his profession grew, Roth turned professionally and financially profitable, successful quite a few awards and partnering with distinguished corporations equivalent to Sony, Nationwide Geographic, PBS, Random Home, and Time Warner. Then got here a sudden prognosis of Melanoma, and it modified his life. He had a selection to simply accept a demise sentence or to dwell. He selected life. Via adapting and mixing methods from his music and efficiency follow with others that he researched, he discovered a easy and highly effective technique to vary how he lived. Roth found the right way to not simply survive however to change into really pleased and thrive.
Roth now guides people and teams within the discovery of what actually issues to them, the right way to accomplish their objectives, and the way dealing with stress is a vital think about a wholesome life.
On this episode:
- One of the best angle, conduct, and approach on the right way to succeed at discovering your area of interest
- Use your experiences and skills to seek out your area of interest
- Deal with serving folks – What do they need and want?
- Be sure your purchasers have pores and skin within the recreation
- Pay attention deeply to what your purchasers say
- Discover out what actually issues to you and why, get and execute a plan
- Learn how to pay attention deeply
- Keep open and fluid to repeatedly discover your area of interest – it might change over time
The Learn how to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler.