Twitter is testing a brand new characteristic, referred to as CoTweets, that lets any two customers collaborate and broaden their attain past their very own followers.
It’s a restricted check, accessible to pick accounts within the U.S., Canada and Korea.
Why we care. Advertising is all about getting in entrance of your goal audiences. If CoTweets roll out to extra accounts, anticipate to see many manufacturers and companies experimenting with it in an try to achieve extra engagement, visibility/model consciousness and new followers.
What’s a CoTweet. A CoTweet is a tweet that has two authors’ profile photos and person names. A CoTweet seems on each customers’ profiles and is proven to all of their followers.
Solely the primary tweet in a thread could be a CoTweet. A CoTweet can embody:
The way it works. Right here’s what Twitter has revealed about the way it works:
- One creator creates the tweet by deciding on the CoTweet icon, then invitations a co-author, who receives it by way of direct message (DM).
- A co-author should comply with you and have a public account.
- If the co-author accepts the invitation, the CoTweet is revealed to every account’s profile and within the timelines of their followers.
- You possibly can’t edit a CoTweet as soon as the invitation is shipped. You must delete the tweet and begin over.
- If the co-author declines the invitation, the CoTweet invitation will likely be deleted.
- There isn’t a restrict on what number of CoTweet invitations you’ll be able to ship.
- You possibly can block any accounts from sending you a CoTweet request.
When you creator a CoTweet however now not wish to be related to it for some cause, your solely possibility is to delete the tweet.
If you’re the co-author of a CoTweet and wish to take away your self, you would choose the three dots on the CoTweet, then Revoke CoTweet.
You possibly can learn extra in Twitter’s Assist Middle.
All CoTweets may go away. Twitter warned that “On the finish of this experiment, we could flip off this characteristic and any CoTweets that had been created could also be eliminated.”
So, assuming Twitter considers this experiment a failure, any content material that individuals within the check group could merely be deleted.
This warning appears odd, given their argument that an edit button would “alter the report of the general public dialog.” Wouldn’t Twitter deleting CoTweets alter that report as properly?
New on Search Engine Land